The Education Foundation’s goal is to assist students in need by eliminating barriers whenever possible.
2021-22 Scholarships are Open to Current Students
Students may print and complete the following application packet and return it to Building A by 1 PM on Tuesday, November 16, 2021.
- All FCTC Students– Education Foundation Scholarships 2021-2022
- Students living in St. Johns County- Altrusa International Scholarship 2021-2022
- Automotive and Diesel Students– submit by mail per instructions on application Ancient City Auto Club Scholarship 2021-2022
- Students living in St. Johns County who have been out of high school for 6 years or more- submit by mail per instructions on application Joey Robison Scholarship 2021-2022
Scholarships with Open or Revolving Deadlines
All FCTC students
- Burkhart Family Foundation
The Burkhart Family Foundation is a collaboration of friends and family that deeply believe skilled workers are the cornerstone of America. This scholarship is open for all ages and accepts applications throughout the year. Click here for a paper application or click here to apply online. For your proof of school or program acceptance, email [email protected] or call the FCTC College Advancement office at (904) 547-3386.
- Horatio Alger Association Career and Technical Scholarship $2,500
Career & Technical Scholarships are awarded to students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their lives and wish to pursue a career or technical education at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States. The CTE application generally opens each spring for students entering in the fall. For eligibility criteria and the application, visit https://scholars.horatioalger.org/about-our-scholarship-programs/technical/
For Students Living in St. Johns County
- Joey Robison Scholarship for Non-Traditional Students
This scholarship was named in memory of the son of Linda Robison, former governor of District Three, Altrusa International. Mrs. Robison is an avid supporter of higher education and believes Altrusa must give a hand up to individuals with not only educational needs but also a desire to change and improve the condition of their lives. This scholarship generally has a January deadline and is awarded to St. Johns County residents who have been out of high school for six or more years. Click here for an application.
All FCTC students
- Andrew J Christopher Memorial Scholarship…current students will receive an email notification when this scholarship opens.
Mr. AJ Christopher was a beloved husband, father and grandfather who instilled high values and morals to those who knew him. As a Major in the Army, he was a man of honor who made an impact during his time in service. This scholarship will be presented to a current FCTC student who demonstrates the same traits. Applications are currently closed.
For Agriculture Students
- Beaches Go Green of Jacksonville Beach provides high school seniors and college students $2,500 scholarships. For details and to apply, visit www.beachesgogreen.org
For Automotive and Diesel Students
- Ancient City Auto Club…current students will receive an email notification when this scholarship opens.
A long-time supporter of FCTC’s automotive and diesel programs, the Ancient City Auto Club offers two scholarships to students living in St. Johns County. Applications are generally due in November or a January award. Applications are currently closed.
For Cosmetology Students
- Dee Callum Memorial Scholarship…current students will receive an email notification when this scholarship opens.
Created in 2014 by friends, family and clients of Dee Callum, this scholarship is designed to honor Mrs. Callum’s memory by providing tuition assistance to a cosmetology student who aspires to serve clients with the same spirit and love for beauty that Dee brought to the profession. Applications are currently closed.
For HVAC Students
- Technical Workmanship Scholarship for Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning…current students will receive an email notification when this scholarship opens.
Taylor Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning and Carrier Enterprise established this scholarship in 2015 in honor of Mario “Butch” Taylor Jr., who believed in technical education and passed those skills on to those he worked with at Taylor Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning. Applications are currently closed.
For Students who Graduating High School
- Mary Garnett Scholarship…current students will receive an email notification when this scholarship opens.
Established in 2003 in memory of Mary Garnett, this scholarship honors a devoted educator at FCTC’s Putnam Center and is for recently graduated high school seniors attending First Coast Technical College. Applications are currently closed.
- St. Augustine & St. Johns County Board of Realtors…$1,000 scholarships to be awarded to graduating seniors from the St. Johns County School District and home-schooled individuals. Since 2000, they have awarded more than $200,000 in scholarships to help them defray the cost of attending college or trade school. At the start of each school year, members reach out to St. Johns County high schools to publicize the $1,000-per-student scholarship program. To qualify, students must submit an application, transcript, essay and three letters of recommendations. Annual scholarships are awarded based on the education committee members conducting a blind selection process of all applicants. If you know of a graduating senior from the St. Johns County School District or a home-schooled graduating senior, tell them about this available scholarship. The deadline to submit an application is 5 p.m. March 26. You can call the office to request an application package or go to the Facebook page and download the application. The application can also be obtained from the school counselor’s office. The application can be emailed, snail-mailed, or dropped off at 1789 Lakeside Ave. in St. Augustine.
For Dental Assisting Students
- St. Augustine Dental Society…current students will receive an email notification when this scholarship opens.
Local dental professionals from St. Augustine have made this scholarship available to St. Johns County prospective or enrolled students in FCTC’s Dental Assisting program. Applications are currently closed.
For Fire, Paramedic, EMT Students
- Future Firefighters
Check Scholarships – FutureFirefighters.org for application deadlines. Click Future Firefighters Scholarships February 2020 – FutureFirefighters.org to see our FCTC student Matthew Hartman’s story.
For Welding Students
- American Welding Society
Scholarships : Foundation : American Welding Society (aws.org) Fall 2021-22 Applications are open with a March 1 deadline.
For Students Living in St. Johns County
- The Altrusa Betty Johnstone Scholarship…current students will receive an email notification when this scholarship opens.
Altrusa International of St. Augustine, Inc. scholarships are for students attending FCTC. The applicant must be a full-time student, U.S. citizen, resident of St. Johns County for at least one year and have received a high school diploma or G.E.D. Applications are currently closed.
Female Students living in St. Johns County
- The Woman’s Exchange of St. Augustine…current students will receive an email notification when this scholarship opens.
Founded in 1892, this organization is committed to its mission of “women helping women” to support the Peña-Peck House Museum, give handcrafters a venue for selling their products, and provide scholarships for deserving women returning to school to prepare for new careers. This scholarship is available to female students 25 or older residing in St. Johns County and in financial need for school-related expenses. Applications are currently closed.